Saturday, August 16, 2008

Off Topic - I Heart, well, lots of Olympians

Ok. I am so sick of Michael Phelps. Not Michael Phelps the person who I am sure is awesome but Michael Phelps the 24-hours coverage. But the rest of the Olympics, crazy amounts of love.

1. I heart Roger Federer. I adore the fact that he has the crappiest year, a horrible singles tournament, but he rocks the doubles and wins a gold! Not only that, his victory celebration with partner Stanislaus Warwinka, it a totally hilarious cavalcade of male bonding. Seriously, what was that thing that he did when his partners was played out on the ground? So funny!

2. All the shotputters - On the empowerment level, I love that big, hefty people get to show that they are athletic. Preach it boys, health has less to do about weight and more about to do with being athletic. On the eye candy level - MMMMMMM. I like my guys with some meat on their bones.

3. The fans of the men's doubles final - Hee. I love that they are shouting and doing the waves as if they were at a soccer match. Now THIS is an international competition.

4. That bronze medal winner of the 5,000 meter race - Ok. I totally have a soft spot for the non-gold medalists who are delighted by their non-gold medal. She ran her heart out and she totally acted as if she won eight golds.

5. I do NOT heart NBC and its sister channels who refuse to show any doubles tennis. Come on folks, THE WILLIAMS SISTERS are playing. ROGER FEDERER is playing!!!!

6. Ok. I still heart Shawn Johnson. She's delightful and she's so classy and happy to get a silver.

No comments: